As brands fight for data privacy, Brave Browser advertising compliments the push to protect the masses. The world needs to be privacy safe, but how we can continue marketing, is the question.

Back in the summer, we worked with a FinTech brand to help them scale their efforts to acquire new customers, exactly like our work for WealthBar. The pandemic was in full swing at this point, but it was around the end of the US tax season, so they had decided it was a good idea to invest in themselves.

Outside of the usual suspects, we used an advertising platform for the Brave Browser, which we have been using personally here at the agency since last year. Some highlights about the ad platform:

  • 8 million monthly active users
  • 290,000 Brave Verified Publishers
    • 200,000 of those are YouTube creators, 33,000 are website publishers or creators, 15,000 are Twitch streamers
  • Daily active users passing the 2.8 million mark

Brave Ads only launched in April 2019, so it is still a pretty new ad platform from that perspective. What makes the ad platform unique is that Brave is looking at a 70% revenue share with users and keeping the remaining 30% for themselves. 

Similar to Google, you are able to pick keywords you want to bid on and adjust bids. You don’t have tons of control right now in the ad manager as you can only see basic data and the sales team at Brave needs to help you manage the campaigns on their backend. Despite this, there is some potential if more people start using the browser and give Chrome and Firefox a run for their money. Try it out for yourself. It might just be the next big browser.

Brave blog post